[OST Highlight] 叶炫清's The Eternal Love OSTs


Sharing two of my favourite songs this month - both by the same artist and soundtracks of the same drama! I'm in love with both of these songs and am so frustrated at not being able to share them to my friends through our shared Spotify playlist cause these songs are not on Spotify :'( 

The Drama: 双世宠妃 The Eternal Love
I intend to do a review on this drama soon so won't go into too much detail here! The modern-day female lead somehow manages to 'time travel' her way into the body of a girl in Ancient China ... but instead of completely taking over the body the girls take turns popping out. All the juicy stuff happens when they love different people but share the same body :P You can actually watch this whole drama on YouTube!

The Artist: 叶炫清 Ye Xuan Qing
I only got interested in her after seeing a comment praising her ability to convey such mature emotions at 19 years of age. 19!! She's a 1998 liner! I searched her up and it turns out the only coverage she's had is she's been on two different singing competition TV programs ... of course I watched all her performances and OMG she's amazing! She comes from a traditional music family and plucked up the courage to pursue her passion in pop (not sure if I'm using the correct English terms as these were all mentioned in Chinese interviews!).

It's interesting cause this drama's soundtrack, as well as her first EP, actually got released while her singing competition TV episodes were airing. I heard from my dad (who actually follows that singing competition TV show) that she got eliminated yesterday :( no biggie though she's clearly managed to sign up to a company and release music!

The Song: 九张机 (I actually have no idea what this means)



I don't actually know if there's an official video for this song but this definitely isn't it - this one's made by a fan. But it's made really well and contains all my favourite scenes (but because of that also some spoilers).

This song's the opening theme - as the case for most dramas, it's the song that viewers would associate with the drama the most and also why it was an immediate favourite of mine. 叶炫清's high notes ... must I say any more?

The Song: 风一样的我 The Wind Like Me(?)



I love both songs but at the moment this song has the higher play count on my iPod :P My first thoughts hearing this song was that the non-chorus verses of this song were a bit slow which is why I liked the other song more. But this song just kept growing on me, I can't help but keep listening to it now! My favourite part is the first chorus - it's the softest one and the limited instrumentals really let her high notes shine. I really like how she blends her high notes sooooo smoothly with the rest of her vocals it seems so effortless even though it requires heaps of skill.

Ok I'm going to go now cause I'm getting sleepy. I'm sorry about doing such a huge workup before linking the videos, only to barely talk about the song ... I'm no music critic and most of the time I really don't know why I like a song so if I kept writing it'll basically be me saying the same 'omg this is amazing' over and over again. Hope you enjoyed the songs as much as I did :D

Comments

Popular Posts