[OST HIGHLIGHT] A Korean Odyssey (2017)



Don't really have time to write up a long post so will just share this beautiful OST ... 

Ben really does have a unique and delicate voice which gives her touching/heartbreaking songs an extra oomph factor. This drama's had quite a few good OSTs - I really liked 'If You Were Me' as well, but I can't help feeling like that song could have been better. The rap seemed a bit incongruent with the song and I found myself anticipating a climax which never really came. 

Back to this song ... I've just come back from watching episode 14 where this song was used really well so I'm pretty full of feels right now haha. I've actually been quite meh with the drama so far because things kind of seem to happen randomly out of nowhere and the whole world it's in is a bit bizarre (and I've known of the Journey to the West story since a child - I'm wondering how people new to this story are understanding the various references to it?). But the end of episode 14 was really touching and probably one of the first scenes for a while which tugged at my heartstrings. Have a listen - enjoy! :)

Comments

Popular Posts